Inappropriate

"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way." -Juan Ramon Jiminez

Monday, April 04, 2005

Apogee: April Showers Bring May Flowers

Driving home at lunch, amidst the changing winds of April, I passed through the future.

It was fall, and I was driving home, remembering the very moment I had just been part of. I was sitting alone, and I was spiraling out of control. It reminded me of my life in my senior year of high school. It was as if the present had been buried under a foot of ice for thousands of years, and had just been unearthed by some careless explorer.

We're explorers through time. And somehow, if you can destroy all memory of place and time for just a few moments, and replace them with something else, the world around you awaits to be rediscovered with a new view.

So I drove home alone, taking more time than usual.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home